J-STD-609B: Marking and Labeling of Components, PCBs and PCBAs to Identify Lead (Pb), Lead-Free (Pb-Free) and Other Attributes
This standard provides a marking and labeling system that aids in assembly, rework, repair and recycling and provides for the identification of:
- those assemblies that are assembled with lead-containing or lead-free solder;
- components that have lead-containing or lead-free second level interconnect terminal finishes and materials;
- the maximum component temperature not to be exceeded during assembly or rework processing;
- the base materials used in the PCB construction, including those PCBs that use halogen-free resin;
- the surface finish of PCBs; and
- the conformal coating on PCBAs.